Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 5 of 5 stars






Jacket Description:

In less than twenty-four hours I'll be seventeen.

Although, technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in.

In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognize myself.

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. that my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

THIS TIME,
THERE WILL BE NO TURNING BACK.

The Iron Queen was quite possibily my favorite in the Iron Fey series so far (not yet having read The Iron Knight...), and there are many reasons for that.

1.) The character development in this novel was incredible. Each character grew in a very pronounced way throughout the novel. Meghan, our half-fey, half-human heroine learns more about her abilities, and grows as she learns how to defend herself (with the help of the ever charming Ash). Ash, our brooding, exiled Winter Prince, begins to realize what it means to let someone you love come into their own, and he also makes many important decisions that will alter his future course permanently. Puck, our prankster of a summer fey, finds himself standing up more for what he believes in, and he finds himself gathing a more serious look on life.

2.) The story itself was fast-paced and exciting. The novel was unpredictable, and presented us with many surprises. I enjoy this in a novel. I hate when a book is too predictable- it takes the fun out of reading it. Julie Kagawa did a good job of presenting her story in a way that made you feel the burning desire to go out and get book 4... now.

3.) Meghan and Ash are one of the most amazing couples ever. I say this in reference to the relationship they have with each other. While yes, a lot of the time Ash is overprotective (which I must say is kind of adorable), he still respects Meghan, and doesn't act like she some incompetent damsel in distress. Also, Meghan shows how much she truly cares for Ash in many stunningly unselfish moments throughout the novel.

4.) Julie Kagawa writes incredibly well. The writing itself is engaging and entertaining. I love all her books so far, and I'm sure she won't dissapoint with The Iron Knight.

All in all, I would most certainly recommend it to any paranormal ya lover.

Jule Kagawa's Official Website: www.juliekagawa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment