Thursday, July 28, 2011

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 5 of 5 stars




Jacket Description:

then.

When Sam met Grace, he was a wolf and she was a girl. Eventually he found a way to become a boy, and their love moved from a curious distance to the intense closeness of shared lives.

now.

That should have been the end of their story. But Grace was not meant to stay human. Now she is a wolf. And the wolves of Mercy Falls are about to be killed in one final, spectacular hunt.

forever.

Sam would do anything for Grace. But can one boy and one love really change a hostile, predatory world? The past, the present, and the future are about to collide in one pure moment- a moment of death or life, farewell or forever.

Maggie Stiefvater did an amazing job of concluding her trilogy with a novel that both gave the reader a satisfied feeling at the end of the novel without giving us an unbelievable story/ending.

I must admit that in the beginning, I wasn't entirely sure whether or not I liked Cole St. Clair. But throughout the series, I was also unsure of whether or not I liked Isabel Culpeper. Throughout Forever, however, I began to fall in love with them as a unit of sorts. Together (even though I wouldn't call them a steady couple), they brought out the best in each other. They redeemed the other person in my eyes.

As for our leads, I have always loved Sam and Grace. This novel made me love them even more. Their relationship is one that will last. They already have a kind of pattern that is good for future relationships. And I love that they actually do think ahead, unlike many couples in YA Romance novels (though I do still love those other couples :)

The novel itself was a page turner. I sat down and read the book in one sitting of just under four hours. (The book is 388 pages long, by the way). The suspense was great, and the actions and re-actions between the character made for rich, fascinating dialogue. I believe that Maggie Stiefvater deserves a round of applause for a great conclusion to her trilogy, and I can't wait to read her next book! :D

Maggie Stiefvater's offical website: http://www.maggiestiefvater.com
To purchase the novel through Barnes & Noble, click here.
To purchase the novel through Borders, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment